What is EquaGel and how does it work:
Equagel is a dry polymer gel, alsmost rubbery to the touch. It has unbelievable tensile and compression strength and incredible durability; but these are not what makes equagel so special. Its most amazing feature is the column buckling.
Simply put, column buckling refers to the way equagel behaves under weight. Each wall of gel is capable of supporting only a light load. When that threshold is exceeded, the wall of gel buckles into the hollow area between walls and passes the weight to the surrounding walls for support. This bucking and weight passing happens instantly and repeatedly until the maximum surface area of passing weight is evenly supported by largely equalized pressure (hence the name equa pressure).
The peak pressure points of the ischial tuberosities and the coccyx/sacrum buckle into the equagel feeling almost as if they are free floating within the cushion while the thighs and buttock of the user are supported.
Each cushion also utilizes a two stage buckling approach. The top of the cushion as a small grid of gel that is extra sensitive of pressure needs, it is the comfort layer. This top layer buckles easily and allows the parts of a user that need support to sink into the lower layer, the support layer, while holding the rest of the user up in good posture.
- 100% EquaGel.
- 2" tall EquaGel in two stages.
- The top layer is thin wall gel and a tight grid for a comfort layer.
- The bottom layer is thicker wall gel and a wide grid for deep posture support.
- The pelvic area of the cushion is contoured to more evenly distribute a user’s weight than other cushions, while retaining 32mm of buckling gel under the pressure points.
- Fluid resistant, Vapor permeable, Flame resistant cover.
- 18 month warranty.
- 50mm cushion for low risk cushioning needs
- Sculpted trochanter bucket maintains 31mm of gel under pressure points
- Made from EquaGel - dry, rubbery polymer gel
- Fluid and flame resistant cover is vapour permeable and washable
- User weight 124kg